been accepted into membership in the Nevada Association of
Medical Product Suppliers, we do hereby subscribe, without
reservation, to the Associations Code of Ethics. The purpose
of the Code of Ethics shall be to set and improve standards
within the practice of providing home medical equipment and
services to the public. In order to maintain the ethical
conduct and integrity of this Association, a member pledges
to abide by all of the following:
1. To render the highest level of care promptly and competently taking into account
the health and safety of the patient.
2. To serve all patients regardless of race, creed, national origin or reason
3. To provide quality home medical equipment and services which are appropriate
for the patient's needs.
4. To instruct the patient, his caregivers, and /or family in the proper use
of all medical equipment.
5. To explain fully and accurately to patient and / or caregivers, each patient's
rights and obligations regarding the rental, sale and service of home medical
6. To respect the confidential nature of the patient records and not to disclose
such information without proper authorization, or as required by law.
7. To continue to expand and improve professional knowledge and skills so as
to provide patient with equipment and services which are continually updated.
8. To abide by both federal and local laws and regulations which govern the home
medical equipment industry.
9. To avoid participating, directly or indirectly, with a source
of patient referrals in a "captive referral arrangement" whereby
patients are directed to utilize a supplier of home medical
equipment in derogation of the patient's right to select the
suppliers of their choice.
9.1 This guideline exempts contractual arrangements.
10. To act in good faith, to be honest, trustworthy and fair to all concerned.